Wednesday 13 February 2013

Camembert Croissant Overload

One of my favourite blogs is The Londoner. Read it if you dare-you'll be hungry within seconds. The other week, a post entitled "Sweet Baby Cheesus" was put up, and it came with a disclosure to "look away now". If only I had heeded this warning! I wouldn't know that my cause of death will from now on most likely be a heart attack, after my arteries get clogged with camembert and pastry. Oh pastry. This is another delicious use for the Jus' Roll croissant pastry I blogged about a few days ago. And it's bloody marvelous.






I did adapt the recipe to my own tastes/cupboard stores. I used redcurrant jelly as opposed to apricot jam, merely because I had some in the fridge. I also sliced the top off my camembert and stuck some rosemary in before plonking the top back on. But the long and short is that you unroll the croissant pastry pack, take off a triangle from each end, then spread the remaining long piece with jam/jelly, and wrap up a camembert. A delightful pastry present. Then bake for 10-15 mins!
I also went a bit eighties style, and dipped bread into the cheese, and then double dipped it into a bowl of nuts and dried fruit. Oddly tasty!
I cannot recommend you try this dish enough/check out other recipes from The Londoner. At your own risk of course!

2 comments:

  1. Her recipe for sweet baby cheesus is freaking amazing isn't it!

    And it's lovely to see how well it worked when somewhen else cooked it - we know it works!

    Hope you are well, take care :) xxx

    ReplyDelete