You Will Need (Serves 2)
2 Peppers of any colour
Brown Rice-about 3 uncooked tablespoons
2 Bacon rashers, chopped
Half an Onion, diced
Tin of Baked Beans
Any soy sauce,herbs or spices you desire
- Cook the rice as per the instructions on the packet (obvs)
- In the meantime, fry up your onion and bacon. When mine was done, I splashed some soy sauce over the top, and let them sit in it as the rice finished cooking.
- When the rice is cooked and drained, mix in the bacon, onion, any herbs you like, and about 4 tablespoons of baked beans, sauce and all.
- Slice the top off your pepper, and scoop out the seedy inside bit. Fill with your ricey beany mixture.
- Put the lid on your pepper, then stick on a baking tray in the oven at about 190, for 15-20 mins.
- If you're lucky, and your pepper has a sturdy base, you can just slide onto a plate. Mine fell over, so I had to kind of scoop and sweep, but it all tastes the same.
- Enjoy! (I served mine with the gourmet choice of chips and salad leaves)
Other fillings/cupboard findings that would be great would be either rice or cous-cous with tuna, kidney beans and peas, or perhaps just prawns and a sweet chilli sauce. Let me know your suggestions too!